WHAT DOES A LEAD CENTRALIZED EVALUATIVE REVIEW (CER) DO?As a Lead CER reviewer you will provide leadership to a team of CER’s completing evaluative reviews. Perform quality assurance and individual evaluative review of Contact Representatives (CR) and Tax Examiners (TE) on the full range of Individual and/or Business Masterfile (IMF/BMF), Tax Law, International, and/or Tax Exempt and Government Entities (TEGE) customer contacts through the Aspect Telephone System, written correspondence and returns/cases processed. Provide technical assistance to the AM workforce via documented feedback, job aids, and quality initiative. Performs an analysis of review results to improve overall quality performance.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION:The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
*This is a roster announcement open continuously and allows applicants to apply up to the last cut off date listed in the announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting approximately 3 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster, open period of 3/27/18 to 2/04/19 – Selections may be made from this roster thru 5/6/2019. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, vacancies may be filled in the individual PODs listed below as they become available in that location during the life of this roster. Applicants need to apply and be eligible on or prior to the cut off dates or the closing date to be considered for the roster. Additional and/or updated applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET (Eastern Time) at the close of each of the following cutoff dates: 4/9/2018, 8/2/2018, 11/2/2018, and 2/4/2019.
Positions are located : 1 position in AM Planning and Analysis Embedded Quality CER,1821 Directors Blvd. Austin TX, 78744
1 position in AM Tower Bldg. Planning and Analysis Embedded Quality CER, 855 M Street Fresno CA, 93721
1 position in Wells Fargo Bldg. Planning and Analysis Embedded Quality CER. 1 Independent Drive, Jacksonville FL, 32202
As a Lead Centralized Evaluative Reviewer you will:
- Coach team in the evaluative review process, selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques, provide advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assists the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
- Distribute, balance, monitor and report on workload in accordance with established workflow or job specialization. Assure equitable distribution among employees and timely accomplishment of assigned workloads.
- Amend or reject work not meeting established standards, refer to supervisor questions or matters not covered by standards and problems in meeting performance standards.
- Resolve simple informal complaints, refer others to supervisor; report on work load performance, progress and training needs of employees and on disciplinary problems.
- Complete evaluative review on toll-free telephone calls utilizing the Contact Recording System, and/or reviews closed paper cases using the electronic Correspondence Imaging System (CIS), evaluating the effectiveness of the call/case, identifying if all customer issues were resolved and actions taken were complete and correct.
- Analyze and evaluate information involving the research of records and the nature of each inquiry.
- Develop and prepare written or oral reports summarizing activities, identifying quality problem issues and recommending solutions for improvement.
- Complete evaluative reviews on the CER reviewers in the team, identifying whether the determination of the CER reviewers was correct and whether the DCI was coded correctly and included all necessary item in the remarks section.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/495098600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.