Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
This Standing Register was opened on 3/20/2018. Effective 11/16/2018 the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) is now the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). The hiring organization, the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C), is now the Cybersecurity Division.
Duties of the Supervisory IT Specialist (INFOSEC) include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing, directing, planning, and coordinating a program that identifies threats and vulnerabilities affecting IT systems and develops the strategies that counter evolving threats in a rapidly changing global environment
- Analyzing, evaluating, and verifying security profiles for Federal agency computer systems, networks, worldwide Information Systems (IS) and telecommunications systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of critical government information
- Researching tools, presenting options and pursuing technology that benefits the entire organization
- Utilizing analytic tools and databases to support and accomplish its mission
- Developing requirements to provide secure and effective state-of-the-art communications and IT systems by employing the best engineering practices and security standards
- Providing IT security planning, coordination, implementation, management, assessment, and oversight of services to ensure consistency with national security policies, directives and statues
- Interpreting IT security policy for application within federal civilian agencies and departments and program guidance to implement effective risk management processes
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494961200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.