About the Position: Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).Learn more about this agency
- At the GS-11 target grade you will be able to perform the following responsibilities of the position after the completion of the Pathways Recent Graduate Program:
- Provide professional, technical, and administrative support for surveying and mapping activities.
- Support all types of field surveys including geodetic, topographic, hydrographic, subsurface, cadastral, photogrammetric control, alignments, grades, and construction layouts.
- Responsible for coordination, scheduling, and directing of field and office survey operations, maintaining liaison between office and field activities.
- Develops technical scopes of work and independent government estimates.
- Maintain knowledge of rapidly advancing technologies pertaining to surveying systems and their applications. Such systems include conventional and hydrographic surveying automated data collection systems
- Collect all available evidence concerning properties to be surveyed and performs duties in connection with boundary delineation and monumentation programs.
- Performs necessary traverse closures and adjustments, triangulation and trilateration, reduction of topographic and hydrographic survey data, reduction and adjustment of leveling data, and other various surveying and engineering related computations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494960100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.