Earth Day is every day at EPA! At EPA, you can protect human health and the environment of all Americans, and you’ll discover that EPA is one great place to work! We offer great benefits and work flexibilities, and our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career--we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. Discover how exciting safeguarding our natural resources and protecting human health can be. Find yourself at EPA.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention, Office of Pesticide Programs, Health Effects Division, Chemistry and Exposure Branch, in Arlington, VA. For more information on this office, visit their website: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-chemical-safety-and-pollution-prevention-ocspp.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
Except in special circumstances, those new to the federal government will be hired at the starting salary (step 1) of the applicable grade range listed above.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Assist in evaluating and critiquing bio statistical and statistical studies either appearing in literature or submitted by pesticide registrants in support of pesticide registrations.
- Review and synthesize epidemiological data and literature as it relates to pesticide exposure, biomarkers, and toxicology.
- Assist in writing of statistical and/or analytical reports for epidemiological studies.
- Assist with qualitative or quantitative risk assessments for pesticides and assist with defining objectives and planning research.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and/or symposia regarding human health exposure as it relates to pesticide regulatory actions.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494401700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.