You will serve as a Staff Physician, Orthopedics Services, Surgical department. You will provide comprehensive care for patients who have illnesses within the scope of Orthopedics. The scope of these activities covers all phases of ambulatory care. Other responsibilities may include education of medical students and residents. The majority of the Staff Physicians time is devoted to patient care and education, with the remaining time set aside for performance improvement activities and activities sufficient to maintain proficiency in state-of-the art Orthopedic care.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment/Relocation INCENTIVE may be authorized for a highly qualified individual.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program, up to $120,000 depending on the amount of verified qualifying debt balance and funding availability. Eligibility to apply does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Approval for EDRP awards are subject to the availability of funding and other qualifying factors. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
- Provide comprehensive orthopedic care services as well as follow-up care of existing conditions in an ambulatory care setting.
- Provides pre-operative and post-operative orthopedic services.
- Provides ambulatory orthopedic surgery in the operating room.
- Document services through appropriate notes, such as history and physical, progress notes, and operative notes.
- Educate residents and students in the principles and therapy of orthopedic surgery.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494373900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.