The Health and Safety Branch is a team of environmental, health, and safety professionals dedicated to reducing or eliminating the risks of illness and injury from occupational and environmental health hazards at NIEHS.Learn more about this agency
- Prepares and updates guides, standards, instructions, operating procedures, and/or policies, reports, and other substantive documentation for high risk activities.
- Responds to accidents, exposures, and other emergencies.
- Administers the comprehensive fire safety program to include; ?hot Work Permit? Program, automated fire alarm and suppression systems, portable fire protection equipment, and coordination with higher-level and local fire marshals.
- Leads and performs site inspections to ensure compliance.
- Serves as a senior specialist and plans, develops, coordinates, promotes, and implements a comprehensive health and safety program for high risk activities.
- Researches, assesses, investigates, analyzes, and evaluates health and safety literature, records, activities, and strategies to ensure compliance and to provide guidance, consultation, and recommendations on prevention and intervention.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494278200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.