About the Position: his position is as a Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations/Labor Relations) within the Civilian Human Resources Center (CHRC), National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD), Defense Health Agency (DHA). This position is located at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD. The NCR-MD is the largest directorate under the DHA and includes Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, as well as the Joint Pathology Center and the National Intrepid Center of Excellence.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled at the GS-11 or GS-12 grade level. If selected at the GS-11 level, noncompetitive promotion to the next grade level is authorized; pending time-in-grade requirements and demonstrated ability to perform the next higher/target level grade duties. These positions will be filled on a permanent basis.
- Serve as a Human Resources (HR) Specialist in the Civilian Human Resources Center, for the DHA NCR-MD servicing a large and complex organization.
- Participate in meetings with management using expert knowledge and skill in applying the full range of Human Resources methods, principles, practices to advise on and resolve a range of Labor Management Employee Relations operational problems.
- Use a wide range of LMER practices, laws, regulations, policies, and precedents to provide HR management advisory and technical services on complex customer functions and work practices.
- Advise management about disciplinary/corrective techniques in response to conduct and performance problems.
- Represent management in unfair labor practice and representation hearings.
- Serve as spokesperson and point of contact for grievances, unfair labor practice charges, information sharing, contract interpretation, labor relations training, preparation and conduct of contract bargaining.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494225200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.