TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located within the 149th FW Mission Support Group, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to serve as a lead contract specialist.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard (TXANG) and wear of the military uniform. Applicants must be a current member of the National Guard or be eligible and willing for immediate transfer into the TXANG (Recruiting: 210-925-6016).
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, temporary indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard,
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and
- All individuals eligible and willing to join the Texas Air National Guard.
- This is a Temporary Indefinite position which may be converted to Permanent at a later date.
- Although this announcement is open for 60 days, applicants are encouraged to apply sooner rather than later. Referrals will be made to the hiring supervisor every two weeks and may close sooner than the close date listed.
- Employee must meet DoD 5000.52-M requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
- Must obtain Contracting Level II Certification (i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA), Federal Acquisition Certification (FAC) or industry equivalent certification) within 24 months of appointment.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable in this position.
Contract Specialist (Target Grade GS-1102-12)
- Plans the overall approach to meet contracting program objectives for procuring a wide variety of requirements.
- Procures a wide variety of services, commodities, and/or construction.
- Executes post-award contract performance management actions on assigned contracts.
- Provides business advice and guidance to technical personnel and others on contracting work and prepares correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493930800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.