The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A TECHNICAL ADVISOR/ENTERPRISE INFRASTRUCTURE COORDINATOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST DO? As a Technical Advisor/Enterprise Infrastructure Coordinator you will analyze customer requirements and correlate data from a wide variety of sources in order to make recommendations. In this position you will coordinate enterprise systems changes for ongoing modernization activities; lead multifunctional development projects in software analysis, design, development, and implementation. You will make recommendations for the operational management of and the planning and implementation of enterprise initiatives and software distribution framework that is based on the review and analysis of IRS IT requirements. The various projects have an impact on broad agency goals. They deal with multiyear plans, new cutting-edge technologies or issues, and develop new policies or make significant changes to existing policies that have IRS-wide impact.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION?
The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
This is a roster announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting 25 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, 25 or more vacancies may be filled in the individual PODs listed below as they become available in that location during the life of this roster.
Positions are located in Information Technology (IT), IT-Wide. Twenty-Five (25) vacancies to be filled in any of the following locations; Lanham-Seabrook MD, Kearneysville WV, Memphis TN, Detroit MI, Austin TX, Ogden UT, Farmers Branch TX, Chamblee GA, Atlanta GA, Washington DC, Fresno CA, Philadelphia PA, Holtsville NY, Kansas City MO, Covington KY, Charlotte NC.
As a Technical Advisor/Enterprise Infrastructure Coordinator you will:
- Lead the implementation of security programs to anticipate, assess, and minimize system vulnerabilities.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Assess systems and design methodologies to improve software quality, accurately representing customer requirements, and effectively measuring software development risk.
- Develop contingency plans (Disaster Recovery or Business Continuation Plans for information technology systems) and building in systemic redundancy to ensure availability and accessibility of network resources.
- Develop and implement new data management schema and coordinate the development of data structures and accessing strategies.
- Coordinate the installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrade of enterprise management software.
- Provide advice on the establishment of an operational support structure in order to maintain the continued operations.
- Establish standards and configure control using a change management process related to enterprise systems such as Messaging, Windows Platforms, Enterprise Systems Management and other related systems.
Occasional travel - Travel 1-5 nights per month may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493915200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.