Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.Learn more about this agency
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) for a permanent Full-Time Pharmacist. Qualified candidates with a complete application will be considered for current or future vacancies as they occur. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applications do not apply to this vacancy announcement.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for proper interpretation of prescriptions and the dispensing of product prescribed, including the review of labeling needs for specifying directions for use and precautions as necessary, to assure proper protection of the contents and to the patient.
- Provide specialized services to assist patients with managing conditions such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure and other chronic illness.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug therapy and usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage.
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient records, inventories, control records for narcotics or controlled drugs.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by physicians, dentists and other licensed practitioners, by calculating, weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients.
- May serve as a pharmacy consultant and advisor to such groups as the therapeutic agents committee, the hospital research committee and the infections committee.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493857600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.