The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of the IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
WHAT DOES IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST DO? An Information Technology (IT) Specialist working in customer support provides technical support to customers who need advice, assistance, and training in applying hardware and software systems. Much of this work involves resolving difficult and complex problems, some unique to a single customer or organization, while others are more repetitive or similar to issues that have been handled and resolved before within the organizational component. As an IT Specialist (Customer Support) you will find that each day brings many new and exciting challenges, you will be exposed to the latest in information technology, and be recognized as an expert in your field.
Selections will be made throughout the IT Organization, and will be filled in any of the following Post of Duty's: Lanham-Seabrook, MD; Kearneysville, WV; Memphis, TN; Detroit, MI; Austin, TX (2 locations); Ogden, UT; Farmers Branch, TX; Chamblee, GA (2 locations); Washington, DC; Fresno, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Brookhaven, NY; Kansas City, MO; Atlanta, GA; Covington, KY; OR Charlotte, NC.
As an Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support):
- You will be a member of a high performing team that provides direct assistance to end users on IT systems that support the IRS mission.
- You will be provided a unique opportunity to provide support on many Microsoft products, commercial software and proprietary IRS programs.
- You will diagnose and repair all hardware/software issues or problems on desktops, laptops, printers and peripheral equipment.
- You will utilize a ticketing system to log, track and document incidents to ensure customer problems are resolved to customer satisfaction.
- You will spend majority of time performing phone support using remote tools.
- You will perform phone support in addition to providing hands on support to user.
- You may be required to lift computer equipment that weighs at least 30 pounds.
Occasional travel - Travel May Be Required 1-5 days/nights per month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493854900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.