America's Combat Logistics Support Agency: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts broad market research for a variety of strategic materials through reading trade and research publications as well as conducting interviews with industry to maintain considerable current knowledge of global metals markets.
- Functions as an analyst and subject matter expert on strategic materials markets and trade information collection.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely dissemination of information to all appropriate contacts including other Governments agencies and program offices, industry leaders and foreign representatives
- Transfers subject matter expertise through the development and evaluation of written informational reports briefings and position papers which are intended for use by leadership in decision- making
- Develops recommendations and advises leadership on market opportunities that further mission in the procurement and/or disposal of strategic materials for the National Defense Stockpile
- Evaluates price changes and trends that may warrant prompt consideration by higher level or contracting officials in order to maintain the integrity of program offerings.
- Makes recommendations for pricing tolerances and valuation standards for a variety of strategic materials.
- Maintains current and industry and market contacts to support research efforts
- Performs market outreach regarding mission to support the Government's ability to buy and sell commodities in global markets
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493851400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.