This position serves as a technical specialist in the Program Support Division, Office of Defects Investigation (ODI). The incumbent will be responsible for process control and quality assurance within the Office of Defects Investigation under the guidance of the Program Support Division Chief and is responsible for managing the daily execution of ODI’s quality assurance program. This includes, but is not limited to the tracking of defect investigations and all related documents, conducting audits on office procedures and records retention. The incumbent serves as the principal advisor and consultant to the Office Director on all quality assurance activities and issues. The incumbent supports the development of management controls and policies for these activities as needed in accordance with Governmental, Departmental, and Agency policies.Learn more about this agency
Ideal candidate Statement: NHTSA is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Specialist who can work independently to analyze and improve the quality management of processes within the Office of Defects Investigation. They would have experience in the evaluation and development of process improvement and quality assurance controls and programs. They would have excellent analytical and writing skills to develop methods to address varied quality assurance challenges. NHTSA is looking for someone who is highly motivated, and who can communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels of the organization.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for this location.
Relocation will NOT be paid.
NHTSA is a Local 3313 Bargaining Unit Agency.
Position is telework eligible.
All offers for newly appointed Federal employees will be made at the step 1.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist (Automotive), you will:
- Advise and counsel the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) staff on matters involving quality assurance. Manage, coordinate and implement a variety of quality assurance processes for ODI.
- Evaluates adequacy of quality assurance standards, and ensures adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Conduct periodic audits of ODI’s pre-investigative and investigative files to ensure appropriate documentation is being submitted and stored in accordance with standard operating procedures and external audit recommendations
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and recommend controls for all ODI quality assurance activities. Monitor the quality assurance training for all ODI staff.
- Review and conduct quality assurance on documents for release or withholding to ensure appropriateness.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Current/former eligible employees and VEOA eligible veterans are encouraged to also apply to: NHTSA.NEF-2018-0026.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493843300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.