Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Click here http://www.cpms.osd.mil/Content/Documents/PPP-Program%20S.pdf for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the following documents: Statement requesting MSP; and Copy of military sponsor's PCS orders.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Senior Level Program Analyst, applying Air Force military rated aviator experience, to plan, organize, and determine necessary policies, regulations, directives, programs, doctrine and procedures for the establishment and maintenance of certain assigned major command program(s)
This is a centrally managed position in the Operations Career Field.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative analyses of programs, policies, and issues which have major impact on national deterrence policy in the development of long-range plans such as war, mobilization, and similar operations or contingency plans.
- Document planning and programming decisions in appropriate formats to meet organizational and Major Command requirements.
- Use military rated aviator experience, actively participate in strategic planning to improve organizational direction.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, training sessions, consultations and strategy sessions with other staff service functions and activities to secure cooperation and resolve matters.
- Analyze programs, policies and issues that include Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (JSTARS), Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) and/or Control and Reporting Center (CRC).
- Prepare detailed plans, budgets and schedules for assigned major programs and/or participates with management in fiscal planning,
- Analyze problems discovered in prior studies or operations and negotiate with and/or advise higher levels of management on different approaches which provide basis for better planning of operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493826100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.