The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
15 Selections may be made throughout the IT Organization, and will be filled in any of the following POD's: 5000 Ellin Rd, Lanham-Seabrook, MD (MD0278); 250 Murall Drive, Kearneysville, WV (WV0191); 5333 Getwell Road, Memphis, TN (TN0005); 985 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI (MI0800); 3651 S IH-35, Austin, TX (TX2038); 4175 Freidrich Lane, Austin, TX (TX2099); 2484 S Washington Blvd., Suite 200, Ogden, UT (UT1431); 4050 Alpha Rd, Farmers Branch, TX (TX0302); 2385 Chamblee Tucker Road, Chamblee, GA (GA0010); 4800 Buford Highway, Chamblee, GA (GA1016); 1111 Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC (DC0022); 5045 E. Butler, Fresno, CA (CA4664); 2970 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA (PA0809); 1040 Waverly Avenue, Brookhaven, NY (NY0376); 333 W. Pershing Road, Kansas City, MO (MO1937); 401 W Peachtree St, Atlanta, GA (GA0087); 200 West Fourth Street, Covington, KY (KY0085); 10715 David Taylor Drive, Charlotte, NC (NC2598)
As an Information Technology Specialist (Security), you will:
- Lead the implementation of security programs designed to anticipate and minimize system vulnerabilities.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks; recommend mitigation or countermeasures, and resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new systems within the existing infrastructure.
- Develop contingency plans (Disaster Recovery or Business Continuation Plans for information technology systems) to ensure availability and accessibility of network resources.
- Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate the implementation of security programs across Tier I, II, and III systems, and establish vulnerability reporting criteria.
- Review security incident response policies and identify the need for changes based on new security technologies or threats.
- Implement security requirements, integrate security programs and define the scope and level of detail for security plans and policies.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493824600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.