This Position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601, For more information see http://dcips.dtic.mil Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.Learn more about this agency
If selected, Federal employees currently serving in the competitive service must acknowledge that they will voluntarily leave the competitive service by accepting an offer of employment for a DCIPS excepted service positions.
If selected, non-DCIPS candidates must acknowledge that the position they have been selected for is in the excepted service and covered by DCIPS.
This position is part of the DoD Consolidated Adjudication Facility, located in Fort Meade, Maryland.
The DoD CAF adjudicates, or evaluates, completed personnel security investigations. DoD CAF renders a determination of each individual's eligibility to occupy national security sensitive positions and/or to access classified information.
The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF) serves as the finest adjudication facility in the world by executing its enduring mission of providing cleared/screened personnel in support of DoD-wide readiness and force protection. Maintenance of a top quality, right-sized, motivated, and dedicated staff focused on providing timely and accurate security determinations in a professional work environment serves as its hallmark.
The Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) is a world-class service organization, with a dynamic workforce and unwavering commitment to service excellence. WHS is the essential services provider for the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, and offices in the National Capital Region.
As a Personnel Security Specialist, GG-0080-12, your typical work assignments, in a developmental capacity, may include the following under supervision:
- Performs in-depth analysis and evaluation of Personnel Security Investigations.
- Reviews security clearance documents and related material for information adversely reflecting on the individuals loyalty or character.
- Exercises sound judgment and discretion to determine appropriate or additional measures.
- Evaluates and analyzes all available information, determines its authenticity and pertinence.
- Prepares written reports of all issues.
- Provides supporting rationale for granting, denying, or revoking security clearance/SCI access eligibility.
- Communicates directly with other Security Specialist, Special Security Officers, commanders, managers, investigative personnel, consultants to ensure all pertinent information is obtained.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493777200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.