This position is within Clinical Science Research and Development (CSR&D) Service, Office of Research and Development, at VA Central Office in Washington, D.C.Learn more about this agency
The Service is one of four components of the Office of R&D within the Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs. CSR&D supports human studies research, including, interventional and effectiveness studies; and clinical, epidemiological and technical studies of disorders and diseases of importance to the mental health of veterans. The person in this position will provide leadership and guidance for the key CSR&D research portfolio in the area of Mental Health.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Full-Time, 8:00am - 4:30pm; Compressed/Flexible Schedule May Be Available.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- Advises and supports the Director/Deputy Director of Clinical Science Research and Development Service in the planning, development and operation of the Service
- Develops policies, procedures, and criteria for administration of the service's medical research program
- Identifies and recruits VA and non-VA scientists to serve on peer review committees
- Conducts scientific review panel meetings
- Analyzes the needs, strategic plans, and goals of Clinical Science Research and Development Service and make recommendations for new directions, initiatives, policies and procedures
- Evaluates new or modified legislation to determine its impact on the medical research community
- Develops a comprehensive strategic plan, identifying and addressing clinical research needs
- Manages assigned clinical research portfolio
- Develops research project opportunities
- Provides guidance to senior and mid-level program managers and support staff
- Development of policy and procedures program administration and evaluation and portfolio management in Mental Health
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493768100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.