Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
Who May Apply:
- Current Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) Employee
- Current Department of Defense Employee within the Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics(AT&L) Workforce who are outside of the Military Components
- The incumbent is responsible for providing expert insight, evaluation, and surveillance of contractor/supplier policies, practices, and efforts relative to the analysis, design, development, testing, delivery and support of complex software systems, including lower level software intensive systems, subsystems, or embedded software applications.
- Act as key advisor and focal point for matters related to contract surveillance of software requirements, computer program requirements, design, coding, software testing and embedded real time software systems for assigned software systems being procured.
- Evaluate adequacy of data base organizational structure, retrieval sequence and methods, modification techniques and memory protection features.
- Provide technical comments and recommendations to the Procurement Command/Buying Activity during systems requirements reviews, preliminary design reviews, critical design reviews, test readiness reviews, official qualification testing, physical configuration audits and functional configuration audits.
- Provide an independent analysis (verification and validation) of software metrics such as execution time and memory budgets for programs, routines, systems, etc.
- Perform and advises on technical aspects concerning pricing of contractor cost proposals including award fees and engineering proposals.
- Maintain competence in the software development arena by reviewing technical periodicals, attending applicable seminars, and participating in Government and industry-wide computer software working groups and conferences.
Occasional travel - Business Travel is required 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493737900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.