The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST, ALC APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER DO? As an Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Systems Analysis/ Applications Software) you will lead a team primarily involved in the development and testing of Assembler Language (ALC) software applications on a mainframe platform. In addition, you will be involved in accomplishing difficult and complex information technology analysis assignments. You will oversee major local projects or substantial national level projects involved with the design, development, or installation of IT systems for one or more IRS programs and the diagnosis and resolution of the most complex operating systems problems and issues. You will deal with multi-year plans, new cutting-edge technologies or issues, and develop new policies or make significant changes to existing policies.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of the IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
100 Positions to be filled in any of the following locations in the Information Technology, IT WIDE organization: Lanham, MD; Austin, TX; Farmers Branch, TX; Detroit, MI; Ogden, UT; Kearneysville, WV; Memphis,TN; Fresno, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Holtsville, NY; Kansas City, MO; Atlanta, GA; Chamblee, GA; Covington, KY; Charlotte, NC; Washington, DC.
As an Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analysis/ Applications Software) you will:
- Lead the development of Assembler Language (ALC) software applications on a mainframe platform.
- Facilitate, coordinate, coach, build consensus, and integrate work processes and products.
- Ensure the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- Assist in the planning of work to be accomplished and articulating and communicating to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Assign work by independently identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization; assessing workload, setting priorities, and making adjustments to accomplish the workload, including reassignment of work from one team member to another, to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks; achieve desired results; and ensuring that each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
- Coaching the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques, providing advice and instruction on work methods, practices and procedures, and assisting the team and/or individual members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution;
- Train or arrange for the training of team members in methods and techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects, and provide or arrange for specific administrative and technical training necessary for accomplishment of individual and team tasks.
- Monitor, report, and check on work in progress; and review completed work for quality, timeliness and technical accuracy to see that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, deadlines and quality have been met.
- Serve as coach, facilitator and/or negotiator in coordinating team initiatives and in consensus-building activities among team member.
Occasional travel - Travel May Be Required 1-5 days/nights per month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493737200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.