The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST DO?
As an Information Technology Specialist, you will work with the latest technology in one of the largest financial institutions in the world.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION?
The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
100 Positions to be filled in any of the following locations in the Information Technology, IT WIDE organization: Lanham, MD; Austin, TX; Farmers Branch, TX; Detroit, MI; Ogden, UT; Kearneysville, WV; Memphis,TN; Fresno, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Holtsville, NY; Kansas City, MO; Atlanta, GA; Chamblee, GA; Covington, KY; Charlotte, NC; Washington, DC.
As an Information Technology Specialist (SA/AS), PC/Server & Web Applications Developer you will:
- Developing or assisting in the development of software applications for the PC/Server/web environment in support of the IRS.
- Coding, testing and debugging programs according to detailed requirements.
- Supporting the maintenance of existing software applications.
- Participating on a team designing, documenting, developing, testing and implementing software programs.
- Supporting and providing quality customer service through the development, production and integration of software applications that enable customers to successfully meet their business goals.
- Adhering to a software development life cycle.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights Per Month May Be Required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Please refer to the announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493736700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.