Are you excited by the idea of helping to support $39 billion in small business financing and setting proper conditions to stimulate America's economic growth? SBA has been a leader in small business development for more than 60 years. In an increasingly globalized economy, we tackle challenges confronted by the small business community across geographic boundaries. Although times have changed since the SBA was founded in 1953, the Agency's mission - to promote the growth of small business - has not. Today, SBA is more vital than ever. We work in collaboration with partner organizations and use cutting-edge technologies and well-tested best practices to multiply our impact on small businesses. America's 28 million small businesses are the engine of job creation and economic growth in this country, creating nearly two out of every three new jobs in the United States and employing over half the nation's workforce. SBA ensures that these businesses have the tools and resources required to start and expand their operations, and create jobs that support a growing economy and strengthen America's middle class.Learn more about this agency
By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
You will serve as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Disaster Credit Management System - DCMS in Herndon, Virginia. This position provides oversight of the maintenance and execution of a security program for ODA. You will plan and develop security rules and procedures, and maintain continuous awareness of cyber threats and keep abreast of new developments in cyber security systems.
ODP is located in the business area of Herndon, VA. It is conveniently located near various eateries and shops and is accessible via public transportation.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures, announcement # MP-18-007-DCMS-10155280
In order to receive consideration as a status candidate, you must apply to the Merit Promotion announcement.
As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) at the GS-2210-13/14, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Provide oversight for the maintenance and execution of a security program for the Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), with a focus on ODA's Disaster Credit Management System (DCMS).
- Ensure approved IT security policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations on IT security to ODA management.
- Review and evaluate DCMS security incident response plans and instructions, and identify need for changes based on new security technologies or threats.
- Coordinate the implementation of security programs designed to anticipate, assess, and minimize system vulnerabilities, such as programs for intrusion detection and access authorization.
- This is a Cadre position, which is a competitive service status position with a full-time seasonal work schedule. Although highly unlikely, depending on the level of disaster activity, you may be placed in a non-duty status if there is insufficient work. This would be extremely unusual and has not occurred in numerous years.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493736100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.