You will serve as an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (NETWORK/INFOSEC) in the J-6 Health IT (HIT) Directorate, Architecture, Advanced Concepts and Engineering (AACE) Division, Engineering & Design Branch (EDB), Platforms and Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) section of the DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is being used to recruit qualified individuals, under the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Direct Hire Authority, authorized by 5 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 3304 and 5 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 337, Subpart B. Veteran's Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to the Direct Hire process. For more information on OPM Direct-Hire Authority, please review this link: http://www.opm.gov/DirectHire/factsheet.asp.
- You will provide authoritative advice, operational guidance, and program decision-making for agency-wide data center network infrastructure administration.
- You will lead changes to the Agency's communications infrastructure architectures based on established standards, policies, and priorities.
- You will interpret information assurance reports and scans and respond accordingly to Federal/DOD/and agency standards to mitigate issues.
- You will continuously monitors the health and performance of the network and provide preemptive maintenance and problem solving if and when the need arises.
- You will advise agency and higher echelon senior staff members regarding planning, policy, and technical enhancements to the information infrastructure.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493724200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.