The primary purpose of this position is to provide a student trainee in the Pathways Internship program with on-the-job training and guidance. As a student trainee serves as a lifeguard and perform other related swimming facility duties. May act as a senior lifeguard at a large swimming facility or the only lifeguard at a smaller one.Learn more about this agency
- Monitors activities within assigned swimming facility. Observes the condition and behavior of swimmers to ascertain any potential problems.
- Rescues and resuscitates individuals in danger of drowning and renders first aid to injuries. Uses a variety of techniques such as artificial respiration, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and first aid.
- Cleans and maintains the swimming facility. Cleans swimming assigned areas such as bathrooms, decks, locker rooms, showers, and pool according to established schedules and instructions.
- Performs gate control duties. Reports problems to appropriate personnel.
- Conducts swimming lessons following prescribed lesson plan. Participates in required in-service training and maintains currency, capability, and certifications to perform lifesaving and water rescue, administer basic first aid and CPR.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493722200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.