The primary purpose of this position is to provide a student trainee in the Pathways Summer Program with on the-job training and guidance. The student trainee will provide technical and administrative support to rate and route routine shipments limited to one or two modes and prepare required billing and documentation.Learn more about this agency
- Investigate and gather facts relating to each discrepancy in shipment to support government claims against the carrier.
- Maintain logs, records, and reports and prepares Government Bills of Lading.
- Receive routine shipping requests and assembles requests by destinations, appropriations chargeable, and condition of commodities.
- Contact carrier to arrange cargo pick-up requirements such as specialized equipment, time, location, and delivery date.
- Classify each commodity specifically described by carrier publications and other published freight classification guides.
- Check shipping documents, weight certificates, and signatures for obvious freight classification errors and shipment discrepancies.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493721700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.