The purpose of this position is to provide a student trainee in the Pathways Summer Program with on-the-job training and guidance. The student trainee performs heavy laboring tasks which require significant manual skill and very heavy physical effort operating equipment that includes characteristics such as single-function performance and components that are independently controlled through various hydraulic and/or mechanical devices such as large, complex riding lawn mowers and similar types of specialized mowing equipment.Learn more about this agency
- Operate large, complex riding lawn mowers and similar types of specialized mowing equipment (e.g., multiple and independently-controlled cutting decks).
- Operate various controls and levers to maneuver equipment and lift, lower, adjust, engage, and disengage components or attached devices when working around trees, trenches, etc.
- Determine and select the most appropriate type of equipment to accomplish each phase of the work in the most productive and cost-effective manner.
- Complete all aspects of special assignments involving several steps, phases, or detailed procedures (e.g., preparing ground, laying sod, planting flowers or shrubs, and using simple drawings to establish a planting pattern and/or design).
- Use and assure proper fit of required safety equipment and clothing (e.g., safety gloves, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, or respirators).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493720900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.