Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
- Performs troubleshooting on a variety of complete operational aircraft reciprocating or gas turbine engines in aircraft on the flight-line, or rebuilt or modified engines in test cells.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles aircraft engines, their assemblies, and components
- Removes or installs propulsion systems from aircraft as a member or leader of an engine change team. Uses and assures proper fit of required personnel protective equipment (PPE) and clothing when handling chemicals and operating machinery.
- Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Maintain/operate test cell and hush house. Inspects and repairs hydraulic systems, mechanical systems, computer and electrical systems, and electrical harnesses and data transfer cables to maintain the test cell/hush house in operational condition.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493711500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.