Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to provide a student trainee in the Pathways Internship program with on-the-job training and guidance. The student trainee will serve as a lead lifeguard over three or more lifeguards.
- Leads three or more lifeguards in the performance of lifeguard and related swimming facility duties.
- Monitors activities within assigned swimming facility. Observes the condition and behavior of swimmers to ascertain any potential problems.
- Rescues and resuscitates individuals in danger of drowning and renders first aid to injuries. Uses a variety of techniques such as artificial respiration, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and first aid.
- Cleans and maintains the swimming facility. Cleans swimming assigned areas such as bathrooms, decks, locker rooms, showers, and pool according to established schedules and instructions. Performs gate control duties. May make deposits.
- Verifies that customers are authorized to use facility by checking appropriate identification. Collects admission fees, makes change, and completes appropriate administrative documents, and turns in daily cashier reports.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493708700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.