This is a Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) position in the Pathways Program. The program duration is two years. Upon successful completion of the program and at the agency's discretion, the appointee may be converted to a term or permanent position in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
LOCATION: This positions is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Operations (OO), Office of Information Management Technology (OIMT), Information Security Services (ISS), Rockville, Maryland.
The salary listed in the vacancy announcement includes the geographical locality pay.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area in Food and Drug Administration.
Refer to: PMF-AO-2018-0873
The Presidential Management Fellow (PMF) will work with the Counterintelligence and Insider Threat Program, Information Security Services Staff, headed by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and provides direct support to the CISO for cybersecurity analysis, operations, and monitoring of the FDA IT infrastructure, and proactively addresses imminent threats to prevent risk exposure and disruption to our public health mission. Major duties include:
- Conducts cybersecurity analysis, implementation, operations, and monitoring of the IT infrastructure, and proactively address imminent threats to prevent risk exposure and disruption to our public health mission.
- Supports cybersecurity operations, network, and application monitoring to ensure the confidential, availability and integrity of the IT infrastructure and sensitive information. Evaluates and coordinates the identification of cyber threats, malicious code, vulnerabilities, and risks to the IT Enterprise.
- Supports network engineering, implementation, configuration and operational support for new and existing tools (i.e. Firewalls, Intrusion Detections capabilities) with in the infrastructure to prevent and mitigate risk.
- Assist in the implementation of a robust continuous monitoring program, to address network events and security incidents.
- Coordinates intrusion attempts, network and application disruptions, coordinate escalation, and incident response activities.
- Reviews and evaluates security incident response policies; identifies the need for changes based on new security technologies or threats; tests and implements new policies; and institutes measures to ensure awareness and compliance.
- Advises and assists staff in carrying out security development, implementation, operations, and maintenance requirements when staff members install or update software, networks, and applications.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493664100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.