The Veterans Service Representative (VSR) explains benefit programs and entitlement criteria, analyzes claims material, identifies issues, gathers relevant evidence, conducts interviews to adjudicate claims and inputs data necessary to generate the award and notification letter to the Veteran describing the decision.
Work Schedule: Full time, Monday through Friday (7:30 am to 4:00 pm)
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Veterans Service Representative/37300A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
- The grade progression for this position is GS-07/GS-09/GS-10.
- Make determinations as to the eligibility for the type of benefit sought to include questions relating to adequacy of military service, medical evidence and the evaluation of evidence of income, employability, dependence and relationship.
- Request examinations, re-examination or opinions to evaluate disabilities resulting from diseases or injuries.
- Review claims cases to assure all issues have been addressed, applies and interprets VA laws, including Veterans case law, existing statutes and procedures, precedent rulings and state law in the adjudication process.
- May conduct interviews in person or by phone with veterans, representatives and advocates to explain the full range of VA benefits and related programs.
- Prepare and release correspondence for use by other federal, state and local agencies.
- Utilize various electronic data processing (EDP) systems to input data for processing claims and generating automated correspondence.
Occasional travel - This position may require travel, including mandatory training sessions for extended periods of time, such as multiple week sessions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493658900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.