The Transfer Center LVN assists in the transportation of veterans from one location to another. These locations can range from a hospital setting, to a Skilled Nursing Facility, and to a home. The LVN must be able to drive and ambulance and provide safe transfer of a veteran to and from a gurney from multiple originating positions. The LVN will also ensure the vehicle is functioning safely and report any issues to either supervisor or Fleet Management Services. The LVN will assist with multiple administrative duties when not transporting veterans.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. May change based on needs of the department.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- CLINICAL DUTIES:
- Maintain their BLS and ACLS
- Maintain a valid California Driver's License
- Assist in the transfers of a patient to and from a gurney, utilizing safe patient handling techniques
- Assist the RN in preparing a patient for transport such as but not limited to: Placing cardiac monitoring leads, placing O2 as directed by the RN or clinical staff, placing and monitoring the Blood Pressure Cuff, ensuring the gurney safety belts are on properly secured, and loading and locking the gurney into the ambulance.
- The LVN will assist in taking and giving report to appropriate health care personnel.
- Drive in a safe controlled manner and being alert to his/her environment while maintaining the sense of urgency.
- The LVN if delegated to by the RN, will complete all required documentation during transport.
- Assists the VA Community Care Integrated Teams in completing Med Doc reviews and care coordination.
- Answers the phone and assists the customer directly or refers appropriately to the required personnel.
- Coordinating gurney transports following the Benefit Travel Guidelines.
- Coordinate Transplant flights.
- Process and Coordinate Inter-Facility Consults
- Assist in maintaining the Bed Management System for veterans in the community.
- Send electronic imaging records to other VA Facilities and loading them on disc using IMPAX.
- Review medical necessity for ambulance bills.
- Assist the Traveling Vet Coordinator with follow up issues.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493650400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.