Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
- Manages unit readiness and operations program. Provides deployment oversight for all individuals deploying in support of contingencies, either through mobilization or volunteerism, exercises or emergency sourcing requests from HHQ.
- Provides technical AET upgrade and proficiency training/instruction to assigned aeromedical aircrew members. Coordinates the accomplishment of requirements involved with mission scheduling preparation, planning, and coordination.
- Evaluates and oversees the enlisted specialty training program to ensure enlisted personnel obtain the require AFSC skill level and appropriate Special Experience Identifier (SEI) or prefix.
- Manages requisitions, receipts, storage, inventory, accounting and reconciliation of medical, non-medical expendable, non-expendable equipment, and supplies needed to meet mission requirements in garrison, contingency/disaster response postures.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations of the unit's Standardization and Evaluation program and the Aeromedical Evacuation Technician training program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493615600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.