About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is with the Department of Pathology located at Tripler Army Medical Center, which is on the Island of Oahu, Hawaii. Oahu is the third largest island in the Hawaiian chain. It is home to about three-fourths of the state's population. Honolulu is the state capitol and the 11th largest U.S. Metropolitan city. Waikiki, the most world-renowned site in Oahu, and is the top visitor destination of the state. The island is very geographically diverse with mountains, rainforests, volcanic craters, tropics, beaches and much more.
A cost of living allowance (COLA) of 10.99% is currently authorized; subject to change. **Salary includes 18.43% locality pay**
TAMC is a tobacco-free workplace. Tobacco products include, but are not limited to, smoking, smokeless tobacco, and electronic nicotine delivery devices.
Permanent change of station (PCS) allowances MAY BE authorized
Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY BE authorized
THIS IS A TERM POSITION NOT TO EXCEED TWO (2) YEARS.
- Identify accessions, fixates, processes all tissue specimens received by the laboratory and as necessary, perform gross examination of selected specimen types.
- Establish and execute protocols for validation of new immunohistochemical tests with a working knowledge for selecting and evaluating proper control specimens.
- Process and prepare special surgical specimens for study by a pathologist.
- Examine specimens and determine methods of preparation and staining to best demonstrate characteristics to be studied.
- Develop and execute new procedures related to micro-techniques and assists in the establishment of new and competent methods of fixation of pathologic and normal tissue for micro-analytic examination.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493591400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.