Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. They are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Air Reserve Technician (ART), accomplishes a variety of duties involving support of the overall
- day to day program management activities in areas such as training, readiness, logistics and operations in an Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron.
- Provides direct support to the senior ART in planning, directing, implementing, and controlling all elements of the medical unit on a day-to-day basis.
- Provides deployment support for all individuals deploying for AEF or contingencies, either through mobilization or volunteerism, exercises or emergency sourcing requests from HHQ.
- Provides aircrew training program support and instructor support for assigned flying personnel.
- Accomplishes requirements involved with mission scheduling preparation, planning and coordination.
- Assists the senior ART in managing and maintaining broad range of administrative, readiness, training, and program management activities.
- Assists the senior ART in planning, scheduling, and execution of training program platform, such as, ancillary,staff development, AFSC upgrade,
- OJT, seasoning progression, annual tour, and others. Responsible for OPSEC/COMSEC management and training.
- Ensures squadron medical/aeromedical equipment is managed, maintained, resupplied, and utilized IAW HHQ and GMAJCOM directives and standards.
- Management of ADPE system and/or software requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493590000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.