Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Air Reserve Technician (ART) Section Small Shop Chief no more than 25% of the time over journey level mechanics that troubleshoot, test, repair, modify, overhaul, service, and dispatch powered ground support equipment and to train reservists in the accomplishment of tasks set forth herein.
- Performs administrative supervisory duties over the journey level mechanics in the section no more than 25 percent of the time; maintains records and documents actions.
- Performs preventive maintenance on ground power support equipment; performs periodic routine and special inspections of all scheduled equipment.
- Performs major maintenance on ground support equipment such as power sources, major components, support components, and associated components.
- Utilizes various vehicles to accomplish dispatch and expedite function of the AGE Section; certifies work produced under the USAF Technical Order Program.
- BASIC HOURLY RATE RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS $23.61 - $27.64.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493577900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.