About the Position: This position is with NETCOM, US Army Regional Cyber Center Pacific, DoD Information Network Operations, Fort Shafter, HI.Learn more about this agency
**A 10.99% Cost of Living Allowance is currently authorized.
Hawaii is a beautiful state, but may be considered to have a high cost of living. The median house price is $700K. The rental market is high as well. Hawaii has many outdoor activities all year round including surfing, paddling, diving, fishing, and hiking. It is highly recommended that research be done about the cost of living in Hawaii prior to applying. For information about Hawaii, the island of Oahu and US Army Pacific, visit: http://www.hvcb.org and https://www.army.mil/info/organization/unitsandcommands/commandstructure/usarpac.
As an IT Specialist (Information Security), GS-2210-11 you will perform the following duties;
- Serve as a journeyman level computer network defense systems administrator
- Analyze network compliance, including running and managing scans and conducting IAVA and patch management.
- Provide weekly information assurance reports on network, servers in addition to remote administrative troubleshooting server maintenance.
- Work with system administrators to resolve Department of Defense specific vulnerabilities and provide assistance with high level issues.
- Administers and monitors organization device compliance with cyber security vulnerability alert.
- Analyze information assurance vulnerability alert messages to determine required actions and suspense dates.
- Compile information assurance vulnerability alert status from subordinate activities and provide command reports.
- Maintain data base of information assurance vulnerability alert actions.
- Implement tools to support web based information assurance vulnerability alert data collection and reporting.
- Develop, implement, and maintain information assurance vulnerability alert tracking program.
- Develop scans to track patching requirements and progress.
- Evaluate network security configurations and performs on site network security assessments.
Occasional travel - 10% Travel may be required for official duties
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493538300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.