About the Position:
Join us at the United States Southern Command. We provide direct support to a four-star unified Combatant Commander, but are compact enough that our staff also works with senior leadership representatives of our inter-service, inter-agency and (public and private) international partner organizations. Our contribution to furthering our country's relationships with South and Central American nations and peoples are substantial. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to join the US SOUTHCOM team.
This position will be filled on a TERM basis, not to exceed 3 years. This TERM appointment MAY be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition (up to a maximum of six years).
This position is an obligated position. Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Protocol Officer, USSOUTHCOM, with specific responsibilities for: formulating, developing, coordinating, and executing functions of the Protocol office and performing advisory and liaison duties.
- Plans, coordinates, executes and supervises the conduct of visits to USSOUTHCOM by General officers, foreign delegations at the general officer level, and distinguished civilians of equivalent rank or higher, most of which are at the four star level.
- Develops itineraries, based on size of the group, background, interests, length of stay, and integrates the efforts of staff offices to achieve an orientation for the visitor in a schedule designed to fit the needs of the visitor and command.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises the conduct of official social functions.
- Formulates guest lists, composes invitations, supervises the distribution of invitations and finalizes arrangements to include determining proper placement of flags, receiving lines, table and seating arrangements, appropriate decorations, etc.
- Assures that appropriate air or surface transportation and appropriate escort officers are provided for each visit.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493535700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.