The Hemodialysis Technician performs numerous technical assignments to aid in the delivery of a safe and effective dialysis treatment in addition to providing patient care to Veterans whose age may range from 17 years to 100+ years. He/she performs dialysis on acutely ill patients including those within an intensive care setting. Assignments involve performing both peritoneal and hemodialysis procedures. Strong knowledge of dialysis machine maintenance and reverse osmosis dialysis water systems. Strong knowledge of AAMI standards and water testing.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift, Variable Compressed Tours
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- The Hemodialysis Technician assists physicians during invasive and non-invasive procedures.
- The dialysis technician may participate in percutaneous renal biopsies, watching the patient during the procedure and properly processing the specimen.
- Assists the physician in peritoneal catheter insertions and observes the patient for vital signs and provides post-operative care.
- Provides instruction and monitors patients for home dialysis.
- Performs training of physicians, nurses, and technicians on hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis techniques.
- Performs generalized cleaning and maintenance of dialysis machines and reverse osmosis water systems.
- Maintains accurate records for machines and water systems.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493532700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.