At NCUA, differences make a difference. We value diversity of perspectives and backgrounds and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where employees can contribute to their fullest potential.Learn more about this agency
Individual pay will be set within this range commensurate with the selectee's background and experience.
Invest in your nation's future, make a difference in your community...gain from the experience. At the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) you're not just a number, working to make quotas or improve the bottom line, you have the opportunity to make a difference. NCUA is the federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions and insures savings in federal and most state-chartered credit unions across the country through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a federal fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. To learn more about NCUA's structure, diversity, and history click on the following links:
As a Supervisory Accountant, you will:
- Oversee daily cash management, which involves recording transactions, determining the amount of investable excess cash, and performing transfers to attribute cash received to the correct fund (e.g., transfers between the Operating Fund and the Share Insurance Fund).
- Manage receipt of funds, including capitalization deposits and insurance premiums.
- Manage the execution of NCUA's investment portfolio in compliance with Investment Committee guidance and managing OCFO's duties with the Investment Committee (e.g., investment reports and committee functions).
- Complete disbursements of funds, including capitalization deposit refunds, payroll, travel expenses, zero-balance bank account funding, and various other payments.
- Assist the Division Director in the development, and oversees the implementation, of long-term management strategies and plans for the Funds, Travel, and Payroll Management Branch.
- Serve as a supporting technical advisor on Funds, Travel, and Payroll Management functions to the Chief Financial Officer, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Financial Operations, other OCFO staff, and agency officials. Provides management officials with authoritative advice, explanations, and interpretations on such.
- Assist, and direct subordinates to assist, in the coordination of activities to support the independent financial audits of NCUA's funds and serves as the primary technical expert on matters concerning the Funds, Travel, and Payroll Management Branch.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493501500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.