This position directs and oversees the activities of the Information Design and Publishing Support (IDPS) Staff, Office of Information Services (OIS), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). The IDPS develops policy and provides technical consultation and support for all electronic and printed publishing in NCHS. This position is responsible for planning, budgeting, organizing, developing, implementing, administering, and evaluating a comprehensive electronic and paper publications program to support NCHS programs, as well as supporting CDC and DHHS-level publications, including those required by law. As such, the incumbent directs and oversees activities involved in developing and implementing outside support contracts; developing and revising procedures, facilities and equipment, including computerized methods; supplying writing, editorial design, graphic support and presentations support; providing consultation to Center and CDC management on publications matters and formulation of new publications; and representing the Center in acquiring printing and distribution services for national and international dissemination of NCHS publications.Learn more about this agency
As a Publications Officer, GS-1001-14, you will:
- Serve as the principal advisor to management and staff in the area of publications, editing/writing, visual information and graphics design
- Provide consulting services to Center management on publications matters, including the design and formulation of electronic and paper publications plans for proposed journals and series of new publications necessary to comply with statutory requirements.
- Provide editing/writing services to Center management for material such as special reports and position papers, highly technical and politically sensitive materials, media information, internet and intranet postings, correspondence, testimony, and memoranda on policies and strategies related to the organization.
- Serve as a team member in developing and disseminating special publications, providing consulting services to Center Directors and higher level management.
- Translate requirements for support into definitive action plans, incorporating the necessary budget for resources (money, personnel, facilities and outside contracting) to provide timely publications/graphics and presentations support needed by the programs to meet their objectives.
- Direct budget for, supervises and coordinates the various activities of the IDPS staff, ensuring development of quality timely products.
- Provide the IDPS staff with policy guidance and the approved framework of plans for the further development, implementation, and operation of the various aspects of the publications program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. 5% Domestic
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493388600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.