This is an Intermittent position. The number of hours required and the timeframe to be worked will be negotiated at the time of selection. This position does not have a normal schedule, but will be used to enable the University to meet various changes and surges in requirements. There is no minimum guaranteed hours of work for an intermittent position, and the total hours that will be required will not exceed 1,000 hours per contracted year.Learn more about this agency
Are you ready to help a world-class university take on the challenges of reaching over 150,000 learners worldwide? The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.
As an Intermittent Professor of Contract Management, you will apply your knowledge, experience, and technical skills to teach and facilitate higher levels of learning for the Department of Defense Acquisition Workforce. This requires an in-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the DoD Supplement to the FAR (DFARS), and the Procedures, Guidance and Instructions (PGI) companion to the DFARS. In support of this function you will:
- Develop and conduct lectures, cases, simulations, workshops and field trips.
- Lead and facilitate student discussion, problem solving, and presentations.
- Prepare course material (student and instructor) according to current instructional systems design technology and develop course schedules.
- Develop and analyze student assessments and provide student counseling to insure the highest degree of learning.
- Provide consulting services to acquisition programs and members of the acquisition workforce.
- Develop online assets that customers can leverage in the absence of direct access to DAU faculty
- Participate in professional research to insure curriculum currency and also to enhance the skill set and processes in your field of expertise.
Occasional travel - Up to 30%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493335000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.