This position, located within the Perry Point VA Medical Center, Maryland, is responsible for managing the scientific and technical operations for all cooperative clinical trials that are planned and conducted at the Perry Point/Baltimore Coordinating Center. The Supervisory Statistician (Medicine) provides direction to biostatistics, the statistical programming and the clinical data management functional groups to ensure the best and most efficient scientific and technical services at assigned trials. The employee will also be expected to maintain at least one clinical trial as the study biostatistician.
Additional duties include but not limited to:
- Assigns workload, conducts performance reviews of all direct reports, mentors and monitors performances, and provides orientation of new hires among direct reports;
- Monitors and tracks the progress of strategic goals related to scientific and technical operations of assigned trials and reports findings to Center Director;
- Utilizes knowledge about the most up-to-date clinical trial design methodologies and provide guidance to biostatistics functional group to implement applicable and validated methodologies in assigned studies;
- Utilizes statistical analysis software, such as, SAS, R, etc.;
- Conducts clinical trial design and procedures within the scopes of all relevant regulatory requirements from a variety of oversight bodies, e.g., ICH, FDA, VA, etc.;
- Utilizes data management methodologies relevant to multisite, randomized clinical trials;
- Provides biostatistical assistance during planning/conducting/analysis of assigned multi-center clinical trial;
- Assists statistical programmer, trial project manager, and trial clinical data manager to manage day-to-day statistical, administrative and data management operations;
- Prepares interim and final statistical reports in collaboration with statistical programmer;
- Assists the Principal Investigator to prepare and publish primary manuscripts and all planned secondary manuscripts;
- Submits abstract on biostatistical/clinical trial methodology work to peer-reviewed journals and national/international conferences; and
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required Learn more about this agency
- Please refer to Summary above.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493255300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.