Who May Apply:
- Current federal employees with competitive status who work for the Department of Homeland Security (including those eligible under the Transportation Security Administration Interchange Agreement) within the local commuting area.
- View common definitions of terms in this announcement.
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Finance, Program Management Office located in Washington DC.
GS Salary: Visit this link to view the locality pay tables by geographic area. If you do not see your geographic area listed, select the "Rest of United States" pay table. Learn more about this agency
This position will allow you to use your expertise in managing and overseeing various programs which have an agency-wide and government-wide impact. Apply for this exciting opportunity to direct programs that strengthen the Department's ability to perform homeland security. This position starts at a salary of $134,789 (GS-15, Step 1) to $164,200 (GS-15, Step 10).
In this Program Manager position you will become a key member of a team of Homeland Security professionals managing a variety of agency-wide programs. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as the deputy program manager for a major acquisition program, performing overall planning, strategy, and approach related to the acquisition program
- Managing stakeholders, program schedule, program risk register, program budget, and delivery of product and documentation milestones
- Providing guidance and direction to the matrixed team on the program, including resolving issues and disputes
- Making program/initiative decisions without manager input
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493233900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.