Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Budget Analyst in a developmental capacity, performing assignments designed to further develop applicable analytical and evaluative skills and techniques.
- The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as a Budget Analyst in a developmental capacity, performing assignments designed to further develop applicable analytical and evaluative skills and techniques.
- Performs developmental assignments consisting of a series of specific and related tasks to orient the employee in the practical application of basic occupational principals, concepts, and techniques.
- Performs recurring assignments of limited but gradually increasing difficulty and complexity.
- Participates in special initiatives, studies, and projects. Works with other specialists in planning and conducting special initiatives, studies and projects.
- Prepares written correspondence and other documentation. Drafts or prepares a variety of documents to include newsletter items, responses to routine inquiries, reports, letters and other related documents.
- Serves as the functional point of contact for day-to day budget/financial issues.
- Performs budget formulation work involving review and preparation of budget estimated and financial plans.
- Performs budget execution and administration work involving the monitoring of obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of funds.
- Provides advice, assistance, and guidance on budgeting and related information and conducts analyses, reviews and special studies of budget and/or related information.
- Uses budgetary and other automated system(s) and computer-generated products in accomplishing budgeting/funding assignments.
The position may be filled at the GS-07 with promotion potential to the GS-09, or filled at the GS-09. The individual selected for this position may be promoted to the target level without further competition upon meeting any legal and regulatory requirements.
This is a Financial Management Level 1 Certified position IAW the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d. Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program.
Occasional travel - May be required to travel by military and/or civilian aircraft in the performance of official duties.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493221500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.