About the Position: Serves as a Safety and Occupational Health Specialist for the Military Ocean Terminal, Concord (MOTCO), CA, the 834th Transportation Battalion, and tenant units. The terminal is involved in the transshipment of hazardous cargo. Responsible for industrial and explosive safety. Provides guidance, recommendations, and assistance to supervisors, managers and employees concerning established explosive and industrial safety methods and techniques. This is a developmental Safety & Occupational Health Specialist position, you will work at the GS-09 entry level and will be non-competitively promoted to the target GS-11 when experience and training requirements are met. At the GS-09 level you will perform developmental assignments under closer than normal supervision. NOTE: This is a CP-12 position. Training in accordance with the CP12 ACTEDS Plan at the identified grade level is required for personnel filling these positions.Learn more about this agency
- Provides advice and guidance to managers engaged in industrial and maintenance functions to insure compliance with pertinent safety and occupational health regulations.
- Performs periodic and unscheduled explosive and industrial safety inspections and surveys.
- Reviews operating procedures concerning trans-shipment of ammunition, explosives, incendiary, pyrotechnics, etc.
- Investigates and analyzes mishaps, accidents, hazardous conditions to determine origin, trends, causes, and contributing elements.
- Prepares written evaluation reports concerning findings.
- Performs duties for installation level oversight for Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP).
- Initiates and conducts safety education programs and activities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493219000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.