The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION) DO? An Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Systems Administration) is involved in local projects, or substantial national level projects, that involve optimizing system performance, and resolving difficult and complex system administration problems. In this position, you will be called upon to support and address difficult and complex problems in the installation and control of application software, diagnosing and recovering failed systems, and optimizing the functionality of networks and systems. You will deal with long-range plans, new cutting-edge technologies or issues, and may assist in the development of new policies or make significant changes to existing policies. Your knowledge and expertise will be called upon daily to resolve exceptionally complex and broad IRS problems or projects and critical issues.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
This is a roster announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting 25 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, 25 or more vacancies may be filled in the individual PODs listed below as they become available in that location during the life of this roster.
Position are located inInformation Technology (IT). Twenty five (25) vacancies to be filled in any of the following locations; Lanham-Seabrook MD, Austin TX, Farmers Branch TX, Detriot MI, Ogden UT, Kearneysville WV, Memphis TN, Fresno CA, Philadelphia PA, Charlotte NC.
As an Information Technology Specialist (Systems Administration) you will:
- Design, develop and manage IT security systems that meet current and future business requirements; communicate complex technical requirements to non-technical personnel; and present briefings on complex/controversial issues.
- Lead IT systems development projects from design to support; evaluate the effectiveness of installed systems and services; and provide advice on and devising solutions.
- Develop and implement migration strategies including planning for continuity of operations.
- Generate and run simulation models for future applications and evaluate impact.
- Develop and present plans for integrating new server technology into existing architecture.
- Plan and coordinate the installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrade of enterprise management software and related enterprise-level changes to the systems infrastructure.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov IRSITJobs
Occasional travel - Travel 1-5 nights per month may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…*Amended to include additional locations*
US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493184100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.