About the Position: As Research Chemist, you will be responsible for supporting both the direct allotted research program as well as the reimbursable projects currently executed within the Environmental Chemistry Branch.Duties will include:Learn more about this agency
- Development of analytical chemistry methods for emerging contaminants.
- Provide oversight and support of junior team members executing various research and reimbursable efforts, and effectively communicate with the team leader on status of project execution.
- Instrumentation and method troubleshooting, routine maintenance, and minor repairs, as well as coordination of instrument service repairs.
- Assist in development of external funding opportunities, including marketing and business development.
- Prepare reports for sponsors and dissemination of results in scientific literature.
- Modification of existing methods to achieve ultralow detection limits, and development and optimization of clean up procedures for analyses of complex environmental matrices, such as tissues.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493174900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.