Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Protocol Officer, performing various protocol, administrative, budgeting, and supervisory duties in support of the Office of Military Cooperation-Kuwait (OMC-K) Command Group.
- DoD Distinguished Visitor Travel. Plans and executes reception, engagements, and official functions for distinguished visitors (DVs).
- Host Nation Protocol/Public Relations. Coordinates with Host Nation Protocol and directly works with Host Nation General Officers and Senior Staff.
- Host Nation Visa/Passport Assistance. Performs administrative duties including coordination with US Embassy consular affairs to process travel visa requests for host nation DVs as directed by the OMC-K Chief and/or the Chief of Protocol.
- Protocol Research. Performs research on key issues, biographies and histories, contributing to the creation of embassy provided scene setters, trip books, and welcome packages.
- Supervises the OMC-K Command Group Secretary/Protocol Assistant (GS-07).
- Official Representation Fund Budget Management. Assists with overall budget management of protocol funds, i.e. supplies, special morale and welfare, and Official Representation Funds (ORF), and ORF gifts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493171000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.