About the Position:
This vacancy announcement is a standing register that will be used to fill vacancies within the United States Army Corp of Engineers (USACE) Logistics Activity with offices in approximately 47 locations.
- THERE MAY NOT BE VACANCIES IN ALL LOCATIONS.
- VACANCIES WILL BE FILLED AS THEY OCCUR AND Referrals will be processed as needed.
- A referral can be processed 5 days after the announcement opens. All applicants can receive consideration through the closing date of this announcement and thru 90 days after the vacancy announcement is closed.
- Applications received during a period of time that there are no current openings in the locations they selected will remain in an unrated status until such time as a vacancy develops, or the registry closes.
- This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling these positions by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the positions.
- You will serves as the district level fleet manager for the Corps of Engineers Logistics Activity. This position is supervised by the Logistics Delivery Point Supervisor.
- Day to day work is performed under the general guidance of the supervisor who makes assignments by defining objectives, priorities, and deadlines; and assists the employee with unusual situations which do not have clear precedents.
- You will be assigned the continuing responsibility for assignments involving the planning and accomplishment of district fleet management.
- Assignments pertaining to fleet management are received via directives, memorandums, regulation changes, conference requirements and requests and are related to Corps-owned or GSA-leased vehicles, or related to their management and administration.
- Assignments and priorities are established by regulations, directives, and self-initiative for establishing priorities. Immediate/special actions are set by the supervisor
- Provides fleet management, transportation support services, fuel management, and possibly passport services, and other matrix logistics support to customers under the direction of the District Logistics Manager.
- Operates at a logistics delivery point as part of a logistics management office charged with the furnishing of common logistics services to a USACE district / laboratory / center.
- Serve as a field delivery point Fleet Manager as part of a district/laboratory delivery point team.
- Manages, plans, directs the operation, maintenance, repair and replacement of a fleet of motor vehicles / trailers, ranging from sedans to heavy trucks of which some are classed as special-purpose vehicles (boat trailers to 60-ton semi-trailers).
- Technical and administrative responsibility to manage all district / laboratory Corps-owned and GSA-leased administrative use and special-purpose motor vehicles and trailers.
- Responsibility for the U.S. Government Tag registration program.
Occasional travel - Business travel (TDY) may be 10-20%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493164100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.