This National Guard position is for a Airplane Flight Instructor, Position Description Number D1810P01 and is part of the NJ 108th OG, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Airplane Flight Instructor, GS-2181-13, you will:
- Fly well within flight parameters to execute normal flight procedures and standard maneuvers in all weather conditions
- Maintain mission qualifications in the assigned airplane
- Design and coordinate comprehensive training plans and scenarios to provide realistic technical aircrew training
- Perform technical analysis of safety data and recommends procedures and guidelines to ensure safe operations of all unit flying and ground activities
- Administer combat flight training to military aircrews
- Plan, develop, and present comprehensive courses of instruction in both ground and flight training for pilots to achieve and maintain mission ready status
- Determine additional aircrew training requirements to advance aircrew proficiency while striving to attain zero accident rate
- Monitor physical capability, mental attitudes and individual problems of aircrew that can adversely affect flying performance
- Provide flight training in both day and night missions, in visual and instrument conditions and with and workout night vision devices
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of airplane systems and procedures under normal, instrument, and emergency conditions to give timely and accurate instruction to aircrews in the air or on the ground
- Ensure that all applicable directives, instructions, and technical orders applicable to the aircraft and mission are complied with
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493146300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.