This position is located in the Statistical Methods and Quality Assurance Branch (SMQAB) of the U.S. Census Bureau's National Processing Center (NPC). The incumbent serves as the Chief of the Census Coverage Measurement Section and provides overall technical guidance and administrative responsibilities for all functions and projects of the section. This position is not in the bargaining unit.Learn more about this agency
Tour of Duty: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Alternate Work Schedule and other various flexible work schedules may be available. Alternate Work Schedule is an 80-hour biweekly basic work requirement that is scheduled in less than 10 days; i.e., eight 9-hour days/nights, one 8-hour day/night, and one day off.
Applications under this job opportunity announcement will be considered under external competitive procedures only. This vacancy is also being advertised under merit promotion procedures as NPC-2018-0138, Supervisory Mathematical/Survey Statistician, GG-1529/1530-13-SMQAB-TE-MAP-Internal, which can be accessed at http://jobsearch.USAJOBS.gov/
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled under 1529, Mathematical Statistician series, or 1530 Statistician series.
Note to current NPC employees: If you are a current NPC employee and are selected from this announcement, this selection will change your type of appointment to a Term Appointment. At the end of this Term Appointment, your employment with NPC will end. You will be required to re-compete for any permanent positions. In some cases, you may be eligible for reinstatement. Applying for Reinstatement may allow former federal employees to reenter the Federal competitive service workforce without competing with the general public
A one year trial period will be required.
Candidates must clear the fingerprint process and initiate the required background investigation prior to selection.
This is a supervisory position. You must have demonstrated in your work experience or training that you possess or have the potential to develop the qualities of successful supervision. You may be required to serve a supervisory/managerial probationary period.
Relocation expenses may not be authorized.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Supervise a professional staff of Survey and Mathematical Statisticians at varying levels through grade 12 and with the aid of these direct a staff of supervisory statistical assistants, statistical assistants, statistical clerks, and administrative personnel;
- Research, plan, and implement assigned projects requiring the application of statistical and/or mathematical statistical theory;
- Plan and conduct project-related studies, which includes preparing specifications and developing new or modifying existing procedures;
- Analyze and evaluate the accuracy and validity of data;
- Develop and apply measures/models to resolve problems;
- Serve as a consultant on survey sampling and processing operations at NPC.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493093000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.